Saturday, May 03, 2008

Missionary Biggest Loser--The Saga Continues


You know this series of blogs between Mr. Stover and I has all the makings of a great mini-series or feature length film. There is incredible tension, dramatic victories and all the intense competition between a very likable main character (ME) and a villain (Mr. Stover). There are scandals (see week four's entry) and unforeseeable comical elements that would cause even the hardest hearted person to double over laughing. YES, specifically, I"m referring to Mr. Stover AND HIS SPANDEX WEARING SELF DOING A TAE BO VIDEO. To think of my dear brother in his apartment scaring the tenants below him as he "kicks 2-3-4, and punch 2-3-4," and shakes most of the pictures off his wall. It's just a bit too much. Then, he says "afterwards I purposely nicked myself while shaving just to make sure I had some masculinity left in me." I don't think cutting yourself while shaving your legs constitutes "masculinity" but hey, who am I to judge a brother? You can find his entry at http://www.stoversinpoland.blogspot.com/


Now, for the update.

I switched up the diet routine this week and ditched the Herbalife for a couple days. I just didn't eat any breakfast or supper and that helped kick start my sluggish weight loss from the last couple weeks. SO, after reaching 254 on Friday, I rebounded back to 255 this morning for a total loss of 4 pounds this week.

"Confession Corner" --I ate a buffet meal on Friday night and then polished off a bag of chips on Saturday afternoon. I found myself sorely tempted by the power of Pepsi but I resisted. I think when I get to 250 I'm going to have a Mt. Dew or maybe a nice big cheeseburger.

Now it's official, I am at my pre-marital weight from 9 years ago. If I lose another 30 pounds, I will equal what I weighed at the WILDS in the summer of '98. I'm pretty sure I'll have to contract some tropical disease to get down that low, but hey, I'm going to give it a shot.

4 comments:

Charity Dawn said...

Have you ever tried hot tea with equal parts of honey and cinnamon? That is supposed to help your body not retain fat.

Pastor Adam Love said...

Doesn't the Bible teach that we are eat and drink for tomorrow we die? I know I just read it somewhere in Isaiah. Anyway, keep it up and be that inspiration to us "spongy" preachers!

The Stover Family said...

Some of you have asked why Matt always refers to me as "Mr. Stover." The reason he does so is because he knows who his daddy is.

Rebecca A. said...

matt...you should have been a writer ...your blogs are entertaining me...I need to make sure my husband gets connected - he's missing out on the fun.
our new "diet" is 20 almonds a day - no more, no less...it gets rid of your belly fat...but shhh...don't tell "Mr. Stover" your 'secret'!!!!
Good Luck on the 250!!!