Saturday, April 26, 2008

Missionary Biggest Loser --Week 5

This week I decided to let the Polish news give their own explanation for Mr. Stover's unimagineable weight gain over the past year.
"Warsaw, Poland 16 February 2007 The average Pole eats 2 ½ paczki on Fat Thursday. That means about 100 million Polish Donuts, Paczki, were eaten in Poland yesterday. The Polish people added 50 billion calories to their waste lines and trailing posteriors. Fat Thursday is a day of gluttony and belly worship in Poland. People gather together and consume huge numbers of Paczki. Eating 10 of the lard fried calorie bombs is not uncommon. "
It would appear Mr. Stover has decided that there should be a "Fat Monday, Fat Tuesday, Fat Wednesday, Fat Friday and a Fat Weekend" to go along with Fat Thursday.

So, on to the facts of the week.

Current weight: 259 --ONE pound heavier than Mr. Stover

Total weight loss: 29 pounds and struggling.
Overview of the week: This one was the worst ever! I still lost 4 pounds but it was the hardest week so far. I think I've hit a serious plateau or something. I'm still SO STINKING HUNGRY all the time and I broke down and ate a candy bar this week. It was worth it though.
On a more positive note, it's been almost two months since I've had a Coke or Sweet Tea. I'd give anything for a Mt. Dew. I have a couple sitting in the cabinet taunting me. . . .

2 comments:

Loren Fitzgerald said...

excellent detective work, Mr. Jones.
Keep up the difficult labors, and do not succumb to the enemy!

Rebecca A. said...

Matt, I am cracking up reading you and "Mr. Stover's" blogs...I am proud of you though. Todd has tried to eliminate sodas as well...today is Day #1...ha! Any advice you can give him?!!?
He'd love to notch out another hole on his belt as well!!!!
Keep up the good work!!