Friday, April 18, 2008

Major Issues--Biggest Loser week 4

Well, I must say that there have been some changes this week in my weight loss. I hit the 25 pound mark according to my scale here in the bathroom. BUT, this week my in-laws left Bangkok to go back to Cambodia and while they were packing up to leave, we used our scales to weigh their bags for the plane. We tried to put one wheel on the scale to weigh the bags but in doing so, we bent the scale and it quit working. Now, I've had to buy a new scale but that scale doesn't read the same as the old scale. So, I've lost 25 pounds but the new scale says I weigh about 13 pounds more than the old scale. So, my actual weight according to this scale is 263 not 250. So, my starting weight according to this scale would have been 288 not 275.
SO, even though I expect GREAT PROTEST from Mr. Stover, my total weight loss is 25 pounds. My actual weight according to this new (and expensive) scale is 263. This means I've got a lot further to go than I thought if I'm going to get down to around 235.
This was a total bummer because I fully expect Mr. Stover to say "his scales broke" and he now found one that says he weighs 210 or something like that.
But, we all know he can't do much more than "talk trash." Those of you who played golf with him in the States know that to be true.

1 comment:

The Stover Family said...

So let me get this straight, the scale can hold your massive carcass, but not a 75 lb suitcase? For some reason I think the scale was broken a few weeks ago. Scandalous, just scandalous.