Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Where Have I Been?

So, here I am sitting in Surin, Thailand, my new home.
I do deeply apologize for not posting my blog on this past Saturday. I ask for the forgiveness of everyone but Mr. Stover.
I was unable to post for the past few days because I had to take an EMERGENCY trip to Cheeseburgerville in the foreign country of Sissyanopia. I had to make some quick decisions to get some much needed treatment for an infected hair follicle. I think I'm better now and the good news is that my trip only raised my fellow missionaries' insurance premiums by 40%!! How exciting.
So, a couple weeks ago I made a claim that was bold and daring, much like Mr. Stover's hairstyle. I claimed that I would break the 250 pound or not drink a Pepsi for 4 months. That week I elected to not post out of respect for my nemesis and good friend, Mr. Stover who was very sick and on his way to Sissyanopia, uh oops, I mean America. That week, I did break the 240's and made it to 248.
Since that time, I've been celebrating and eating too much. Hey, it isn't like the competition is that tough.

So, here's the breakdown: 247 pounds on this past Saturday.
No Cokes or sweet tea for nearly three months.
Not much exercise either but I'm joining a workout place tomorrow here in Surin. I'm already making plans to shave my head and go on a 5 day fast to lose a lot of weight at the end. The big problem is that if Mr. Stover shaves his feet and back, he'll drop 20 pounds easy overnight.

Next week, IT ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Pastor Adam Love said...

Oh, the agony, the smell of victory, the hope of eating once again without guilt. I have enjoyed listening to the banter and the conspiracy surrounding this tirade of hunger pains and caffeine headaches. Good luck to you both and may the lightest guy win!

Anonymous said...

I knew my insurance was going up for some reason!!! I don't agree with Pastor Adam. There is no eating without guilt if there is no portion control at the "all you can eat" Mongolian buffet! May the biggest loser truly win. Got anyone to verify the scales?

Loren Fitzgerald said...

How adeptly put, and accurately worded, dear Mr. Jones. May all others with infected hair follicles stay away from sissy-ville.