Sunday, June 08, 2008

Is it over yet??



Yes indeed, we're down to the wire. I officially began my diet on Tuesday, March 11, 2008. That's just three days from now. It's amazing that in just a few short "EXTREMELY LONG" months that my lifestyle could change so much. I haven't had a Coke of any sort, that means NO MT. DEW and no sweet tea for a long time now. I've lost a good bit of weight and I feel a lot better. My uncle commented that I look like I'm 19 again. I think I had more hair back then.
So, I've been running a lot. I never thought the day would come when I would enjoy running. Before this diet I had never run more than 2 minutes at a time EVER. Last night I ran 19 minutes straight at 8.7 kilometers an hour which was 3 kilometers. That's a mile and a half roughly. Crazy. I've been doing 5 Km recently and that's about 37 minutes.
So, we're coming up on the big day but the problem is that Mr. Stover gets an extra 12 days to lose weight because he started after I did. So, I don't want to ruin his motivation by announcing my weight right now. In other words, I've got three more days and then I'll make my announcement to the world. Check back on Wednesday for final results for me.
I am making a formal challenge to Mr. Stover. DISIRREGAURDLESS--that's good Tennessee talk--DISIRREGAURDLESS of who loses the most weight, I'm challenging him to maintain the weight loss and post again on DECEMBER 30, 2008.
Any one can lose a little weight but it takes a person with CHARACTER to KEEP IT OFF. Check out his blog at http://www.stoversinpoland.blogspot.com/ and challenge him to try to keep the weight off for another 6 months.

1 comment:

Pastor Adam Love said...

So do we have a "before" and an "after" shot of the progress? Oh, to be 19 again. Keep running!