Friday, March 28, 2008

Biggest Missionary Loser --Week 1

So, here we are at the end of week number 1. Sort of. I need to clarify for the rest of the readers that I had actually started a diet before Mr. Stover called me to challenge me to this little competition. Because I had started 12 days before Jason, he will get 12 days to continue after I finish in June. So, this being said, let's get started:
I began using HerbalLife about 18 days ago. After watching my partner Jim Hayes here in Thailand drop around 40 pounds using the stuff, I decided I'd give it a try. Then I found out how expensive it is and realized I would have to do more than "try" it because I've got a months supply! Nasty tasting stuff, but hey, it's working. A shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch and whatever I want for supper. That's the plan. The problem is that with only two shakes a day, I'm usually "shaking" with hunger by the time supper comes along. Then I eat too much. But hey, it isn't like Jason is going to do any better.
Here's the summary of everything thus far:
*I've been dieting for over two weeks.
*I've exercised three times now since the competition began. Not bad.
*I've not had a coke or sweet tea in 18 days. No Sprite and no diet drinks either. Just water, green tea and Crystal Light.
*I've already dropped a good bit in my pants size. I had to etch a new hole in my belt to keep my pants up.
*I've lost about 8 pounds as of this morning. That's officially .03% of my body weight. Eat that with your little Polish donuts, Mr. Stover

Week 2 Preview -- "Why dieting is poor stewardship."

4 comments:

The Stover Family said...

There have been some requests for Matt and I to post "before" pictures. The problem with that request is that these blogs have a megabyte limit on each picture downloaded and the megabytes it would take to post pictures of us, well . . . .

LeAnna said...

hey, Matt I hope you win this thing :)

Anonymous said...

Matt-
I have a better idea than eating Herbalife...EAT BEANS!

df

Anonymous said...

.03% of your weight? SO you weigh? 26,400 pounds? That has to be some sort of record.

GO JASON!