Tuesday, August 19, 2008

They say "lower weight and higher rep's" are better.


So, here's a picture I wanted to share with the world. This is one of my favorite Thai men here in the church in Surin. His name is "Grandpa Dee" and he's 76 years old. I've had a chance now to go out visiting villagers with him around the district and I've been able to sit on his front porch and just watch him. The day we showed up at his house to visit him, he wasn't wearing a shirt and I was impressed by how "toned" he is for a man of his age. So, I asked him to flex for a picture. Grandpa Dee has never been to a gym one day in his life but he's planted rice for probably about 74 of the 76 years he's been alive. It just goes to show you that lifting 100 million grains of rice over the period of a lifetime is better for your muscles than lifting weights for a few weeks. Slow and steady always wins the race.

1 comment:

The Stover Family said...

"The day we showed up at his house to visit him, he wasn't wearing a shirt and I was impressed by how "toned" he is for a man of his age"

--this comment made me a little uneasy. Dude, quit looking at other guys' physiques.