Monday, October 22, 2007

Camping Out


The kids have been wanting to get a tent for a long time. They saved their money for a while and bought one that was on sale at a local store. It set them back about $8.75 for the tent. It's the equivalent of a family dollar store product in quality, but they love it. We camped out last night up on the roof and had a good time. Needless to say, it was stinking hot and so Trevor gave up around midnight and I took him back downstairs to sleep in the A/C with his mom. The girls did great, we cooked smores on our little grill and played games and sang until they fell asleep.
The problem was that the tent said "2 man tent" and I think they meant "2 Thai man tent" because I had to sleep with the zipper unzipped and my feet hanging out. It was about a foot shorter than I am. We had a good time though! Luckily enough we live in a 12 story apartment building and it was very windy so there weren't any mosquitos.

2 comments:

SturgillMom said...

That is hilarious. I can just picture you with your feet hanging out of the tent :) Love the fan in front of the tent. I can't go camping without my fan either!

Anonymous said...

The fan made it feel more camplike right? This is a terrific picture. I'm trying to show my students that missionary kids are normal. They really like your blog and are beginning to see that they too could be a missionary one day.
Sarai Riffel